(for newly installed plant material)
- Never rely on your irrigation system or rain to water your new plants.
- Water daily for the first week with hose end (preferably without a spray nozzle).
- Continue to water 3 times a week for the next three weeks.
- For multiple plants the best technique is to water in groups of three.
- Water each one individually without causing runoff.
- After the third plant is completed then start the cycle again.
- Then move on to the next three plants.
- For large trees or shrubs with a deep or wide root ball the best method is the slow trickle.
- With hose end placed at the trunk of the plant turn the water on to a slow trickle.
- Do not let the water runoff.